This week we are talking about fashion do’s and don’ts. Here are the questions Katy asked us. Hop over to ModlyChic
to see her answers, and a list of other participating bloggers. You can join in too.
I honestly had a really hard time answering these. I don’t know why, but I just couldn’t come up with very good answers. Maybe I’ll be back at the top of my game next week.
1. What do you think are some of the top fashion don’ts? (Things you would never be caught dead in and cringe when other people wear them.) Socks and sandals. Not the cute 50’s inspired look. I’m talking regular old sandals and crew socks.
2. What previous fashion don’t do you now wear with pride?
I can’t really think of an answer to this one. I guess I wore white after Labor Day
. Does that count?
3. Do you think there is a universal fashion do? This is going to sound cheesy, but confidence. You can be wearing something last season, but if you really work it and wear it with pride you will feel like a million bucks. You will look pretty darn good too. (I warned you it was cheesy)
4. What items lately, either recently in style or coming in now, do you think should never make it off the retail shelves? I personally don’t like the leather bags with the fox tails hanging off them. I don’t know how big of a trend that is, but I know I’ve seen it a few times. I also would like to see the end of Ed Hardy gear, and overly blinged out purses.
5. In your opinion, is there any blogger, fashion icon, celebrity who some how manages to pull off some fashion don’ts and still look good?
Ummm…I guess the first person to come to mind is Sarah Jessica Parker. That really isn’t don’ts as much as it is a mash up of eclectic styles.
See! I told you I didn’t have very good answers this week. Help me out. Tell me your fashion do’s and don’ts.