It’s that time of the week again. Katy over at ModlyChic gave us another good set of questions.
1. When it comes to outfit posts on your own blog, be honest are they what you actually wore that day? It may not be that exact day, because, I have posts scheduled but everything on the blog has been worn out of the house before taking pictures of it for the blog.
2. For a fashion blogger, working in a corporate environment can be tricky. How do you mesh your day job with your personal style choices? I don’t work in a corporate environment, so I don’t have to worry to much about my style choices. I just have to make sure I look presentable and clean. The fashion bloggers that have to worry about conforming to dress codes earn my respect for staying individuals in the office place.
3. When you get dressed in the morning, do you think what should I wear to work or what should I wear for the blog? First off, I worry about whether something is clean or not. The next important step is dressing for the weather. Lastly, I make sure what I’m wearing is work appropriate.
4. Do professionals you interact with ever make comments about your clothing choices? Yes, but it is usually good things!
5. Some bloggers openly admit to wearing outfits only for the blog post. What’s your opinion on that? I don’t necessarily have a problem with that. It just isn’t what I do. I think there is a difference between fashion blogging and personal style blogging. Fashion blogging seems more about the clothes and showing what is new whether that be in your closet, pictures from magazines, or straight off the runway. Personal style blogging is just that. How you style yourself for your life.
If I am asked to style a look for a specific occasion, and I have the items in my closet, I may wear an outfit just for pictures. I just would be sure to mention that I’m answering a question, and not posting an outfit of the day.
Make sure you check out the other blog posts from this weeks Friend Friday by clicking over to ModlyChic.